We are running some hearings remotely while our hearing centre is closed.
If you have an upcoming medical practitioners tribunal review or your hearing has been postponed, we have answered some of your frequently asked questions.
Resource for doctors: medical practitioners tribunals
Our medical practitioners tribunal guide is for doctors – particularly those who intend to represent themselves. It explains the hearing step by step and your options for support and representation.
- how medical practitioners tribunal hearings work and what decisions they can make
- options for representation and support
- how to prepare for your hearing
- what happens before, during and after your hearing
All references to:
- the Act are to the Medical Act 1983 (as amended)
- the Rules are to the GMC Fitness to Practise Rules 2004 (as amended).
This guide does not constitute legal advice. It's important you urgently seek advice from your medical defence organisation or a legal professional if you wish to do so.