Our hearings are taking place remotely and at our hearing centre, you can find out more about these changes on our FAQs page.
Resource for doctors: medical practitioners tribunals
Our medical practitioners tribunal guide is for doctors – particularly those who intend to represent themselves. It explains the hearing step by step and your options for support and representation.
- how medical practitioners tribunal hearings work and what decisions they can make
- options for representation and support
- how to prepare for your hearing
- what happens before, during and after your hearing
All references to:
- the Act are to the Medical Act 1983 (as amended)
- the Rules are to the GMC Fitness to Practise Rules 2004 (as amended).
This guide does not constitute legal advice. It's important you urgently seek advice from your medical defence organisation or a legal professional if you wish to do so.