Doctor contact service
What is the doctor contact service?
We understand that attending a hearing can be a stressful time – so we offer a friendly, confidential face-to-face support service at our hearing centre.
A member of our team, who is unconnected to your case, is available for you to talk to. We offer pastoral support but also provide information about the hearing process.
We are here to:
- provide company and support if you are anxious about your hearing
- clarify the hearing process
- help familiarise you with the facilities
- signpost you to useful support material
- tell you about other sources of support
- offer practical support, for example directions to local amenities.
We are unable to discuss your case or provide legal advice. All conversations are treated in confidence.
'Calm attitude, reassuring and empathetic, alleviated anxiety and explained process of interim orders tribunal. Very helpful and kind'
'Most important and helpful was advice on what to do the next day, after the hearing is over. Extremely helpful'
'Arrival, making aware of how system works, making one updated about timings, post-verdict explanation and follow up plan'
'Genuine interest in wellbeing, advice on stress management and support. Excellent support service'
'Clarification of the procedure, explanation of the overall process, and conditions which may be applied'